Here are links to previously-held Reef Resilience webinars. All can be viewed on YouTube.
- Wednesday March 27, 2013 —
Hawaii’s Coastal Use Mapping Project: Participatory Mapping to inform coral reef management efforts with Dr. Arielle Levine, Regional Social Scientist, San Diego State University/National Oceanic Atmospheric Association, and Emma Anders, Planner, State of Hawaii Division of Aquatic Resources. Host: Petra MacGowan, TNC: Watch this webinar on YouTube.
- Tuesday January 15, 2013 — Ridge to Reef Management: Watershed Management for Coral Reef Health with Carissa Klein, University of Queensland, and Stacy Jupiter, the Wildlife Conservation Society Fiji. Host: Petra MacGowan, TNC: Watch this webinar on YouTube.
- November 27 2012 — Learning Exchanges: Creative Collaboration for Increasing Effective Management with Manuel Mejia, The Nature Conservancy of Hawaii; Steven Victor, The Nature Conservancy of Palau; Hi’ilei Kawelo, Executive Director of Paepae o He‘eia, O‘ahu. Host: Petra MacGowan, TNC: Watch this webinar on YouTube.
- October 9 and October 10 2012 — Using rights-based incentive agreements in ocean and coastal conservation efforts with Jay Udelhoven, Senior Policy Advisor with The Nature Conservancy, and Brett Howell, Walker Conservation Fellow from the Georgia Aquarium: Watch this webinar on YouTube.
- May 24 (Australia)/May 23 (USA) 2012 Integrating fisheries, biodiversity and climate change objectives in the design of resilient networks of marine protected areas with Dr. Ali Green, Marine Strategies & Science Coordinator, Asia-Pacific Program, The Nature Conservancy, and host Petra MacGowan, Reef Resilience Project Manager, Global Marine Initiative, The Nature Conservancy: Watch this webinar on YouTube.
- October 27 2011 Using Resilience Assessments to Inform Management Decision-Making with panelist Dr. Jeffrey Maynard, Adjunct Scientist, Australian Centre of Excellence for Risk Analysis at the University of Melbourne, and host Stephanie Wear, Director of Coral Reef Conservation, Global Marine Initiative, The Nature Conservancy: Watch this webinar on YouTube.
- August 31 2011 Lionfish Invasion with panelists Dr. Dayne Buddo, Discovery Bay Marine Lab-UWI; Ramon de Leon, Bonaire National Marine Park; Brett Howell, Consultant, Booze Allen Hamilton; and Jeffrey Herod, US Fish and Wildlife Service; and host Stephanie Wear, The Nature Conservancy: Watch this webinar on YouTube.
- April 28 2011 — Reefs at Risk Revisited with Mark Spalding, senior Marine Scientist for The Nature Conservancy's Global Marine Team and co-author of the latest in a 13-year series of 'revisits': Watch this webinar on YouTube.
- March 23 2011 — Facilitating Difficult Discussions with Ann Weaver, Program Training Specialist, NOAA Gulf Coast Services Center: Watch this webinar on YouTube. Event handouts: Intro Paper, TNC Webinar Handout
- October 26 2010 — Building Community-based Conservation and Effective Management for MPAs on Maui: Watch this webinar on YouTube.
- September 9 2010 — Bleaching Outlook: Watch this webinar on YouTube.
- January 8 2010 — Uncertainty, Climate Change Science and Reefs: Watch this webinar on YouTube.