This Coral Reef Restoration Module compiles the latest scientific guidance and tools to help managers, researchers and practitioners ensure the maximum success of a coral reef restoration project and the most efficient use of limited resources.
Through a partnership with experts from the Coral Restoration Consortium (CRC) this expanded restoration module has been developed. New content covers the following topics prioritized by a survey of coral reef managers globally:
- An introduction to restoration and its role in coral reef management
- Key considerations to be made when planning a restoration project or program
- Enhancing coral populations through fragmentation and larval recruitment
- Adding new or enhancing already present reef substrate
- Restoring the reef environment including other coastal habitats
Click here to learn more about the CRC efforts and the restoration focused webinar series.