The Coral Genetics Working Group’s aim is to develop recommendations on several issues related to coral genetics, for example:
- guidelines on how to characterize out-planted genotypes
- a clearinghouse of genotypic information on outplants
- quantitative recommendations on how to maintain and enhance genetic diversity over a given geographic region
What We’re Working On
- Held a successful in-person meeting of the core group at Penn State University in late April.
- Producing a review paper on restoration genetic strategies for Caribbean corals and their dinoflagellate symbionts.
See the calendar here for call dates. Calls are on Thursdays at 2:00 PM (EST).